Monday, August 8, 2016

Naro Expanded Cinema

For someone who lives so close to the Naro, it should be a crime that I hadn't gone before this weekend.  Something about the dazzling marquis made my heart flutter from day one, and I was not disappointed.

Summary: I was impressed.  The prices seem very reasonable both for tickets and for snacks.  They also go above and beyond in the food department.  Candy and popcorn is plenty, but homemade cookies and brownies?!?!?  The key to my soul, ladies and gentleman.

The theater itself was very nostalgic.  Auditorium style, complete with a mezzanine balcony.  It could probably use a new coat of paint, maybe a more modern color scheme.  But wouldn't that take the fun away?  I certainly think so.  Besides, the theater has comfy seating and ample cupholders, which is all this girl really needs in her life.

The movie was Cafe Society, the latest Woody Allen flick.  The movie itself was decent: no Midnight in Paris, but beautifully made with phenomenal costumes and scenery.

I'm looking forward to seeing some vintage films here, as well as one of the twice-monthly showings of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Needless to say, I will be swept away by adventures on the Naro's silver screen again in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment